Deploying and Managing Windows 10 using Enterprise Services (20697-2)
This 5-day course provides administrators with the knowledge and skills needed to deploy and manage Windows 10 desktops, devices, and applications in an enterprise environment. Students learn how to plan and implement Windows 10 deployments in large organizations. Students also learn how to manage the Windows 10 installations after deployment to provide secure identity and data access using technologies related to Group Policy, Remote Access, and Device Registration. To support a variety of device and data management solutions, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Intune, and Microsoft Azure Rights Management are introduced. These services are part of the Enterprise Mobility Suite which provide identity and access management, cloud-based device, application, and update management, and secure data access to information stored both in the cloud and on any location within your corporate network.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for IT Professionals who are interested in specializing in Windows 10 desktop and application deployments and managing the cloud-based application and data service environments for medium-to-large enterprise organizations. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
This course is also intended to provide skills for individuals who seek to pass the 70-697 Windows 10 Configuring exam.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Before attending this course, students should have:
- At least two years of experience in the IT field.
- Attended Implementing and Managing Windows 10 (20697-1), or have equivalent knowledge.
- Basic awareness of Windows deployment tools.
- Describe the challenges and solutions for desktop and device management in an enterprise environment.
- Deploy Windows 10 Enterprise desktops.
- User profiles and user state virtualization.
- Windows 10 sign-in and identity.
- Desktop and application settings by using Group Policy.
- Data access for Windows-based devices.
- Remote access solutions.
- Windows 10 devices by using enterprise mobility solutions.
- Desktop and mobile clients by using Microsoft Intune.
- Updates and endpoint protection by using Microsoft Intune.
- Application and resource access by using Microsoft Intune.
- Configure and manage client Hyper-V.
OUTLINE: Deploying and Managing Windows 10 using Enterprise Services (20697-2)
Module 1: Managing Desktops and Devices in an Enterprise Environment
- Managing Windows 10 in the Enterprise
- Managing a Mobile Workforce
- Supporting Devices in the Enterprise
- Extending IT Management and Services to the Cloud
Module 2: Deploying Windows 10 Enterprise Desktops
- Overview of Windows 10 Enterprise Deployment
- Customizing Enterprise Desktop Deployments
- Deploying Windows 10 by Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Maintaining a Windows 10 Installation
- Managing Volume License Activation for Windows 10
Module 3: Managing User Profiles and User State Virtualization
- Managing User Profile and User State
- Implementing User State Virtualization by Using Group Policy
- Configuring User Experience Virtualization
- Managing User State Migration
Module 4: Managing Windows 10 Sign-In and Identity
- Overview of Enterprise Identity
- Planning for Cloud Identity Integration
Module 5: Managing Desktop and Application Settings by Using Group Policy
- Managing Group Policy Objects
- Configuring Enterprise Desktops Using Group Policy
- Overview of Group Policy Preferences
Module 6: Managing Data Access for Windows-based Devices
- Overview of Data Access Solutions
- Implementing Device Registration
- Implementing Work Folders
- Managing Online Data Using Cloud-Based Storage Solutions
Module 7: Managing Remote Access Solutions
- Overview of Remote Access Solutions
- Configuring VPN Access to Remote Networks
- Using DirectAccess with Windows 10
- Supporting RemoteApp
Module 8: Configuring and Managing Client Hyper-V
- Installing and Configuring Client Hyper-V
- Configuring Virtual Switches
- Creating and Managing Virtual Hard Disks
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines
Module 9: Managing Windows 10 Devices Using Enterprise Mobility Solutions
- Overview of the Enterprise Mobility Suite
- Overview of Azure Active Directory Premium
- Overview of Azure Rights Management
- Overview of Microsoft Intune
Module 10: Managing Desktop and Mobile Clients Using Microsoft Intune
- Deploying the Intune Client Software
- Overview of Microsoft Intune Policies
- Mobile Device Management Using Intune
Module 11: Managing Updates and Endpoint Protection Using Microsoft Intune
- Managing Updates Using Microsoft Intune
- Managing Endpoint Protection
Module 12: Application and Resource Access Using Microsoft Intune
- Overview of Application Management Using Intune
- The Application Deployment Process
- Controlling Access to Company Resources
Lab 1-1: Planning for Windows 10 and Device Management in the Enterprise
Lab 2-1: Building a Reference Image by Using WADK Tools
- Configuring Custom Windows PE Boot Media
- Modifying a Custom Answer File by Using Windows SIM
- Installing a Reference Computer by Using an Answer File
- Preparing a Reference Computer by Using Sysprep
- Capturing a Reference Computer
Lab 2-2: Using MDT to Deploy Windows 10 Desktops
- Creating and Configuring the MDT Deployment Share
- Creating a Task Sequence
- Deploying a Windows 10 Image by Using MDT
Lab 2-3: Maintaining a Windows 10 Installation using Windows ICD
Lab 3-1: Configuring User Profiles and User State Virtualization
- Configuring Roaming User Profiles and Folder Redirection
- Implementing and Configuring UE-V
Lab 3-2: Migrating User State by Using USMT
- Creating and Customizing USMT XML Files
- Capturing and Restoring User State to a Target Computer
Lab 4-1: Integrating a Microsoft Account with a Domain Account
- Signing up for a Trial Microsoft Account
- Connecting a Microsoft Account to a Domain Account
Lab 4-2: Joining Windows 10 to Azure Active Directory
- Signing Up for an Azure Active Directory Trial Subscription
- Joining Windows 10 to Azure Active Directory
Lab 5-1: Configuring Group Policy Objects and Settings
Lab 5-2: Using Group Policy Preferences to Manage Desktop Settings
Lab 6-1: Configuring Data Access for Non-Domain Joined Devices
- Implementing Device Registration
- Configuring Work Folders
Lab 6-2: Managing Data Access Using OneDrive
Lab 7-1: Implementing DirectAccess
- Configuring the DirectAccess Server
- Configuring the DirectAccess Clients
- Validating Remote Connectivity
Lab 7-2: Configuring Azure RemoteApp
- Creating a RemoteApp Collection
- Publishing an Application Using Azure RemoteApp
- Validating Remote Connectivity
Lab 8-1: Configuring Virtual Machines by Using Client Hyper-V
- Installing Client Hyper-V
- Creating a virtual machine
Lab 9-1: Implementing a Microsoft Intune Subscription
- Signing Up for a Microsoft Intune Trial Subscription
- Adding Microsoft Intune Users
Lab 10-1: Installing the Intune Client Software and Configuring Policies
- Installing the Intune Client Software
- Creating Intune Policies
Lab 10-2: Managing Mobile Devices Using Microsoft Intune
- Configuring and Enrolling Mobile Devices into Microsoft Intune
Lab 11-1: Managing Updates and Endpoint Protection Using Microsoft Intune
- Configuring Updates in Microsoft Intune
- Configuring Endpoint Protection in Microsoft Intune
Lab 12-1: Deploying Applications by Using Microsoft Intune
- Uploading an Application to Microsoft Intune
- Deploying an Application to Managed Clients
Lab 12-2: Managing Resource Access by Using Microsoft Intune
- Configuring Profile Deployment
- Configuring Conditional Access Policies