Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (10979)
Get hands-on instruction and practice implementing Microsoft Azure in this two day Microsoft Official Course. You will be presented with Basic cloud computing concepts as well as specific Microsoft Azure features used in day to day administration of cloud resources. You will learn key Microsoft Azure concepts and basic implementation of Azure subscriptions, websites, virtual machines, storage, virtual networks, databases and Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
While this course does not map to an exam, it does provide you with the prerequisite knowledge for taking Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions (20532).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have a limited knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure. This course provides the underlying knowledge required by all IT professionals who will be using Microsoft Azure, regardless of whether they are an administrator, developer, or database administrator.
The audience will include:
- Individuals who want to evaluate deploying, configuring, and administering services and virtual machines using Microsoft Azure.
- Developers who want to evaluate creating Microsoft Azure solutions.
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate the migration of on-premises roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to evaluate the use of Microsoft Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services.
- Database administrators who want to evaluate the use of Microsoft Azure to host Microsoft SQL Server databases.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A basic understanding of websites.
- A basic understanding of Active Directory concepts including: Domains, Users, Domain Controllers.
- A basic understanding of database concepts including tables and simple queries.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe cloud computing, Microsoft Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
- Describe and create Microsoft Azure websites.
- Create and configure virtual machines in Microsoft Azure.
- Create a Microsoft Azure virtual network.
- Describe and configure Microsoft Azure storage.
- Describe and deploy databases in Microsoft Azure.
- Describe and configure Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
FOLLOW ON COURSES
OUTLINE: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (10979)
Module 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Azure
- What Is Cloud Computing?
- What Is Azure?
- Managing Azure
- Subscription Management and Billing
Module 2: Websites and Cloud Services
- Create and Configure Websites
- Deploy and Monitor Websites
- Create and Deploy Cloud Services
Module 3: Virtual Machines
- Create and Configure Virtual Machines
- Configure Disks
Module 4: Virtual Networks
- Getting Started with Virtual Networks
- Creating a Virtual Network
- Implementing Point-to-Site Networks
Module 5: Cloud Storage
- Understand Cloud Storage
- Create and Manage Storage
Module 6: Microsoft Azure Databases
- Understand Relational Database Deployment Options
- Create and Connect to SQL Databases
Module 7: Azure Active Directory
- Manage Azure AD Objects
- Manage Authentication
Module 8: Microsoft Azure Management Tools
- Azure PowerShell
- The Azure SDK and the Azure Cross-Platform Command-Line Interface
- Add a Co-Administrator
- View Billing Data
- Create a WordPress Website
- Create a Cloud Service
- Create a Virtual Machine from the Gallery
- Verify the functionality of the Virtual Machine
- Attach a Data Disk
- Creating a Virtual Network
- Creating Virtual Machines from the Gallery
- Add Point-to-Site Connectivity
- Create an Azure Storage Account
- Create and Manage Blobs
- Upload Files
- Create a New SQL Database in Azure and Configure SQL Server Firewall Rules
- Add Data to an SQL Database in Azure by Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Create an Azure AD Directory
- Create Users in Azure Active Directory
- Use the Azure PowerShell Modules
- Use the Azure Cross-Platform Command-Line Interface