CompTIA IT Fundamentals
CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF) is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills.
Why is it different?
CompTIA ITF helps professionals to decide if a career in IT is right for them or to develop a broader understanding of IT.
- CompTIA ITF helps professionals to decide if a career in IT is right for them or to develop a broader understanding of IT.
- ITF is the only single certification that covers all areas of IT foundations, creating a broader understanding of IT
- CompTIA ITF establishes an IT education framework for students in middle school and high school.
About the exam
The new CompTIA IT Fundamentals (FC0-U61) exam coming in Q3 2018!
The beta exam has ended.
For those who took the CompTIA ITF beta exam (FC1-U61), your exam results will be emailed to you after September 4. Thank you for supporting the IT industry by taking the ITF beta exam.
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity
- Identifying common software applications and their purpose
- Using security and web browsing best practices
What Skills Will You Learn?
Understand confidentiality, integrity, and availability concerns of secure devices and best practice methods
Know how to set up and install common peripheral devices to a laptop/PC or secure a basic wireless network
APPLICATIONS & SOFTWARE
Manage applications software, understand the various components of an operating system and explain the purpose of methods of application architecture
Comprehend programming language categories, interpret logic, and understand the purpose of programming concepts
Able to explain database concepts, structures, and purpose, as well as understands methods used to interface
IT CONCEPTS & TERMINOLOGY
Comprehend notational systems, illustrate the basics of computing and explain the value of data and troubleshooting
Who would benefit from ITF?
- Students considering a career in IT
- Professionals working in fields that require a broad understanding of IT
- Marketing, sales and operations staff in IT-based organizations
Why would you benefit from ITF?
In 2017, nearly 5.4 million individuals worked as technology professionals across the U.S., representing an increase of 2.1%, or nearly 110,000 net new jobs. CompTIA ITF will help you determine if this is the field for you.
Twelve years ago, technology spending outside of IT was 20 percent of total technology spending; it will become almost 90 percent by the end of the decade, according to Gartner, Inc. All workers need fundamental IT skills to use these technologies.