CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) is the ideal certification for technical professionals who wish to remain immersed in technology as opposed to strictly managing
Why is it different?
CASP is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners – not managers – at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP-certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
About the exam
The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management; enterprise security operations and architecture; research and collaboration; and integration of enterprise security. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
- Enterprise Security domain expanded to include operations and architecture concepts, techniques, and requirements
- More emphasis on analyzing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyber defense needs to meet business goals
- Expanding security control topics to include Mobile and small form factor devices, as well as software vulnerability
- Broader coverage of integrating cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- Inclusion of implementing cryptographic techniques, such as Blockchain- Cryptocurrency and Mobile device encryption
CASP is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
What Skills Will You Learn?
ENTERPRISE SECURITY ARCHITECTURE
Integrate network and security components and implement security controls for host, mobile, and small form factor devices
ENTERPRISE SECURITY OPERATIONS
Implement incident response and recovery procedures and conduct security assessments using appropriate tools.
TECHNICAL INTEGRATION OF ENTERPRISE SECURITY
Integrate hosts, storage, networks and applications into a secure enterprise architecture using on-premise, cloud, and virtualization technologies
RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT & COLLABORATION
Apply research methods to determine industry trends and their impact to the enterprise
Analyze security risks and frameworks that come along with specific industry threats and organizational requirements and execute risk mitigation strategies
Understand confidentiality, integrity, and availability concerns of secure devices and best practice methods
Organizations that use CASP
Jobs that use CASP
Technical Lead Analyst
Application Security Engineer