Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Edge Network Services (SPEDGE)
The Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Edge Network Services (SPEDGE) v1.2 course is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP SP certification. The SPEDGE course is a component of the CCNP SP curriculum.
The SPEDGE course is designed to provide service provider professionals with information on the use of service provider VPN solutions. The goal is to train professionals to enable service provider point of presence to provide Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs. The SPEDGE training reinforces the instruction by providing students with hands-on labs to ensure that they thoroughly understand how to implement VPNs within their networks.
The course also includes classroom activities with remote labs that are useful to gain practical skills on deploying Cisco IOS or IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR features to operate and support service provider network.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network administrators, network engineers, network managers, and systems engineers who would like to implement MPLS VPN service in their networks.
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- This course is intended for network designers and project managers. This course is also recommended to all individuals preparing for Cisco CCNP SP certification.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
The knowledge and skills that you must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR Software configuration.
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in these courses:
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the VPN technologies that are used in the service provider environment and the MPLS VPN peer-to-peer architecture
- Describe the implementation steps that are needed to provide MPLS Layer 3 VPN service in the service provider network
- Describe how the MPLS Layer 3 VPN model can be used to implement managed services and Internet access
- Describe MPLS solutions for IPv6 and interdomain communication.
- Describe Layer 2 VPNs and Ethernet services
FOLLOW ON COURSES
OUTLINE: Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Edge Network Services (SPEDGE)
Module 1: VPN Technologies
- Introducing VPNs
- Introducing MPLS VPNs
Module 2: MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Implementing MPLS Layer 3 VPN Backbones
- Deploying Basic Routing in MPLS VPNs
- Deploying OSPF and BGP in MPLS VPNs
Module 3: Special Connectivity in MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Implementing Special Connectivity in MPLS VPNs
- Implementing Internet Access in MPLS VPNs
Module 4: MPLS IPv6 and Interdomain Solutions
- Deploying IPv6 in an MPLS Environment
- Introducing MPLS Interdomain Solutions
Module 5: Layer 2 VPNs
- Introducing Layer 2 VPNs
- Implementing AToM
- Implementing VPLS
- Enhancing Layer 2 VPN Scalability
Implement MPLS Layer 3 VPN Backbones
Connect MPLS VPN Sites via Static, RIP, and EIGRP
Connect MPLS VPN Sites via BGP and OSPF
Overlapping and Common Services VPNs
Internet Connectivity in MPLS VPNs
Enhance Layer 2 VPN Scalability