Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Support Specialist (DCUCS)
The Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Support Specialist is designed to test a learner’s knowledge of the fundamentals of the Cisco Unified Computing System and their ability to implement a virtualized Data Center environment. Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Support Specialist professionals will also be tested on the following components:
- Implementing the Cisco Unified Computing System B and C Series
- Cisco Unified Computing System in an enterprise data center routing and switching infrastructure
- Next-generation Cisco Nexus product family
All candidates pursuing 642-994 DCUCI must meet the following baseline requirements: Complete either one of the following options:
- Earn the following two Cisco certifications: , and Cisco Data Center Networking Infrastructure Support Specialist (DCNI)OR
- “Fast start option”: Choose this option if you wish to bypass Option 1 by completing your Cisco CCNA certification and passing the DCUCI Qualifier Exam (642-979)
Note: Prerequisites are NOT applicable for DCUC ATP Partner status. Please visit Data Center Unified Computing Requirements for specific DCUC ATP Roles and Requirements.
Exams and Recommended Training
Complete one of the following recertification options every two years:
- Re-take and pass all exams for each Specialist certification indicated on the specific certification page. Please note: this includes ALL exams whether refreshed or not.
- Pass a current CCIE or CCDE written exam
Achieving or recertifying CCDE or any CCIE automatically extends your active Specialist certification(s) up to the point of expiration of the last certification achieved.