The CCIE Collaboration certification is for Collaboration Architects, Unified Communications Architects, or Voice and Video Network Managers who are responsible for the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of complex collaboration solutions. The certification is an expert-level certification that ensures that you gain knowledge and experience in collaboration solutions integration and interoperation, configuration, and troubleshooting in complex networks and the challenges of video, mobility, and presence as the foundation for workplace collaboration solutions.
The CCIE Collaboration exam topics have been updated through a major revision from v1.0 to v2.0.
Candidates scheduled to take the written and lab exams BEFORE July 23, 2018 should reference the v1.0 exam topics.
Candidates scheduled to take the written and lab exams ON July 23, 2018 and beyond should reference the v2.0 unified exam topics.
There are no formal prerequisites for CCIE certification. Other professional certifications or training courses are not required.
Step One: CCIE Collaboration Written Exam
You must pass the two-hour, written qualification exam covering those technologies and applications that comprise a Cisco Enterprise solution before you are eligible to schedule the lab exam.
Step Two: CCIE Collaboration Lab Exam
The eight-hour lab exam tests your ability to get a secure network running in a timed test situation. You must pass the lab within three years of passing the written to achieve certification. Your first lab attempt must be made within 18 months.
Expert-level certifications are valid for two years and must be recertified every two years thereafter.
- Earn the required credits through the Cisco Continuing Education Program, or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam OR CCIE practical exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
- CCIE certification automatically extends other Cisco Certifications, such as CCNP or CCNA
- Candidates can only apply one passed written exam or the earned required credits using Cisco Continuing Education Program towards recertification for every 24 month recertification period.